Customer Hospitality Specialist: Customer Experience, Support and Retail, Full Time
We believe in true Texas hospitality for all those who walk through our door—our real door as well as our online door. This is a hospitality role, that combines being in person with our customers with being online with them over phone and email—all done with the distinct flare of a boutique hotel experience.
About Chisos Boot Company
Chisos is on a mission to create damn comfortable cowboy boots and spread the gospel of Texas. We share your enthusiasm for old school values, treating customers like friends (many who become actual friends!), and yes, cowboy boots. We’re based right here in Austin and we are looking for someone to help us as we grow up from a tiny, local shop into a small, but mighty national business.
- Being a trusted adviser. Our customers are our community and community is everything to us. We go the extra mile. You will be supporting all points of the boot acquisition process. In person, on the phone, over social media—our customers get the same great service across all mediums.
- Hosting guests in our retail store. We are the host and our customers are our guests—guests of honor, to be exact. Many people travel long distances to come visit us and welcoming them into our store is always the highlight of our days here. You’ll be greeting visitors, assisting with try-ons, and most importantly, enthusiastically sharing details about our boots.
- Taking ownership and actively improving things. If you like things in their place, you’re perfect for the role. Presentation matters in the shop, so your day-to-day efforts to keep things looking great will be seen and deeply appreciated. We also don’t hold anything sacred—we want ALL your ideas, big and small, for how to make things better.
- You take pride in being dependable, reliable, and professional.
- You’re warm and welcoming, with attention to detail.
- You’re comfortable with tech and open to learning new apps. (Don’t worry, we’ll teach you Shopify and Help Scout.)
- Physically able to climb a ladder, stand for long periods of time, carry boots, and kneel to help with try-ons.
This isn’t just a j-o-b. We value people who work hard and bleed Texas, no matter where they’re from or what they’ve done before, so we are open to all backgrounds—traditional resumes and college degrees are both optional. We also welcome people back in the workforce, especially if they’re coming back from the front lines of parenting or the armed forces.
Bottom line is we’re looking for someone special, who wants to be a beloved part of our boot-lovin’ team for the long haul. If that sounds like you, throw your hat in the ring! Shoot a very quick note to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us a little bit about you and why you’d love to join Chisos. Just use the subject line “Howdy Howdy Texas Texas” to help us sort your email properly.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
—Will and Team Chisos